Home Nursing Care – What Does It Mean
Home Nursing Care refers to services provided by trained personnel for long term care of individuals at home. This care can be age related or specific ailment related. The services available typically can fall into any of the categories below.
- Senior Care which would involve taking care of an elderly person at home in their day to day activities. This will be by a trained attendant who has experience in working with elderly.
- Physioterapist – Usually required for patients under medical advice.
- Post operation recovery – In many cases, the patient recovery at home is a long process which often needs expert auxiliary medical care. Having a trained and registered nurse at home care helps speed up the recovery and also ensure optimum care.
How Does It Help
Depending on the needs of the person, it can be very useful to have help at home in the following cases :
- When the person is not mobile.
- There is a long term care requirement.
- The person is recovering from a serious medical condition and needs timely and expert attention.
- When other commitment do not allow the family members to spend the required amount of time on Patient care.
- When the individual needs help to conduct basic daily activities of life.
What Else Can You Do
Besides professional help many other things are required for the senior care at home. This can include home modification (for example anti-skid tiles or tapes in the bathroom) or even the installation of grab bars in accident prone areas like staircases and Toilet seat rise in the bathrooms can go a long way.
There are products available for senior citizens with arthritis, orthopaedic cushions and back support for those who suffer from back pain, and also products for people with low vision. These can help prevent accidents and falls around the house and keep the elderly safe.
To know more about care giving services in your city, please share the details and an expert will revert to you with the required information.